I am a self motivated and life-long programmer located in the San Francisco Bay Area. For the last years, I've worked as a Full-Stack Program Analyst for EC Internet where I architect and build complicated e-commerce websites delivering millions of products per year.
- React & React Native
- Microsoft SQL Server
- XML / XML-RPC
- e-Commerce & Data Integration
- Game Design & Programming
- Android App Development
- Web App Development
- Visual Studio
- Windows, Linux, and other *nix Operating Systems
- OCI Images
- Linux System Administration
Present Nov 2013
Full-Stack Program Analyst
At EC Internet my responsibilities vary day to day, and I may be working on 10 different projects at a given time. I work directly with clients on projects of varying sizes. Some of my accomplishments include:
- Lead the primary development team in moving from their WebProPack e-commerce platform to the more modern and extendable Magento framework, which became EC Internet's primary source of revenue.
- Developed more than 35 Magento extensions to adjust business logic, product data, and customer data for integration into Sage accounting & inventory systems.
- Moved EC Internet toward automatic deployments from git to development, preview, and production site environments; greatly reducing developer time required to update live sites.
- Produced a React Native Android app for WebProPack sites which would closely emulate the functionality, speed, and design of a native Material Design app.
- Created the architecture for more than 30 Magento and WordPress sites for companies such as Fortessa, Smithsonian Institution, CZ-USA, and Novotech.
- Served as a system administrator for Linux servers used for all of our clients.
Jun 2013 Nov 2011
Released Products:CONSORTIUM for PCAt IDGI, I was responsible for building a portfolio of shaders and modifications to the Source Engine in order to create a toon-like art style for the game Consortium. During my time here I implemented:
- Deferred rendering
- Outline shader using depth & normal buffers
- Half Lambertian toon shading
- New toon-like bloom shader
- Dynamically generated skydomes wth rotating earth bottom
- Light culling performance enhancements
Nov 2011 Nov 2008
Head Programmer & Shader Artist
Here I served as the head programmer on an international group of eighteen talented developers on a non-profit game for Valve's Source Engine, which would go on to be one of ModDB's Top 5 upcoming mods for the year 2011. My achievements here include:
- Created the first game on the Source Engine to publicly implement advanced shaders such as Sun Shafts, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, and Bokeh Depth of Field
- Created & implemented new non-player characters
- Improved AI to be more responsive to sounds from unseen targets
- Expanded nearly every game entity within the engine to have additional inputs and outputs for level designers to use
- Implemented over 30 new shaders total, and modifying countless others originally created by Valve.
I started taking courses at College of Marin at the age of 12, and continued until my senior year of High School. Some of the courses I took during my time at COM were:
- Introduction to Game Design (3DS Max and Adobe Director)
- Introduction to 3D Modeling
- Introduction to Flash
- Advanced Flash
- Web Development
- Advanced Actionscripting (2.0) 1
- Served as a teacher's aid for Advanced Actionscripting (2.0) 2 at the age of 13.
- Search Engine Optimization