I am a primarily self-taught, self motivated, and life-long programmer living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I’ve been playing with computers nearly since I was born, and making or modifying video games since I was 9 years old. Currently I work for EC Internet where I architect & build e-commerce websites delivering millions of products per year.
- Software Development & Engineering
- Android Development
- Web Development
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Game Design & Programming
- Windows, Linux, and other *nix Operating Systems
- Linux System Administration
Web Developer & Linux Operations
- Created an Android WebView App which, along with upgrades to WebProPack, would closely emulate the functionality, speed, and design of a native Material Design Android app.
- Created the architecture for numerous Magento and WordPress sites for companies such as Fortessa, Smithsonian Institution, and EC Internet's own website.
- Lead the charge toward moving EC Internet's Magento & WordPress projects to Beanstalk, a Git server with automatic deployments. Additionally, I architected a system for managing multiple branches for development, preview, and production servers that would require no code or preference changes to move updates between servers.
- Served a system administrator for our Linux Servers.
- Managed a slow and safe roll out of PHP7 to our Magento web servers.
- Deferred rendering
- Outline shader using depth & normal buffers
- Half Lambertian toon shading
- New toon-like bloom shader
- Dynamically generated skydomes wth rotating earth bottom
- Light culling performance enhancements
Head Programmer & Shader Artist
- Created the first game on the Source Engine to publicly implement advanced shaders such as Sun Shafts, SSAO, and Bokeh DOF
- Created & implemented new weapons & enemies
- Improved AI to be more responsive to sounds from unseen targets
- Expanded nearly every game entity within the engine to have additional inputs and outputs for mappers to use in game levels
- Implemented over 30 new shaders total, and modifying countless others originally created by Valve.
College of Marin
- Introduction to Game Design (3DS Max and Adobe Director)
- Introduction to 3D Modeling
- Introduction to Flash
- Advanced Flash
- Web Development
- Advanced Actionscripting (2.0) 1
- Served as a teacher's aid for Advanced Actionscripting (2.0) 2 at the age of 13.
- Search Engine Optimiztion